Enjoy great music on the go with the Lotoo Paw S1 DAC/Amplifier. This Type-C DAC/Amp connects seamlessly to most devices. Add good looks and powerful performance to the mix and you've got yourself an incredible portable DAC/Amp.
Power-On Clear Sound
Crank up the power in your music with the Lotoo Paw S1. It features a high-performance DAC that's paired with a standalone OPA1622 AMP chip. This decodes PCM up to 32-Bit/384kHz, DSD up to DSD128 natively and MQA as well! It has a THD+N rating of -108dB and a background noise rating of -118dBu. Enjoy a clean, dark background that is completely noise and jitter-free. The multiple built-in EQ/ATE settings offer TOTL sound quality that suits your sound preferences.
Gorgeous Looks that Matches the Sound
Lotoo's DAC/Amps are known for their aesthetics and superb quality. The Paw S1 is no different with its CNC-machined aluminium body, perfectly crafted media keys and output ports. The OLED screen, a first in a USB Type-C DAC/Amp, displays the active PCM/DSD format type, volume level, low/high gain mode, and active EQ type.
Seamless Connectivity to Plug & Play
The Lotoo Paw S1 comes with two outputs — a single-ended 3.5mm and a 4.4mm balanced output. This allows it to drive just about any headphone or IEM with a power rating of up to 70mW/ch @ 32 ohms (3.5mm) and 120mW/ch @ 32 ohms (4.4mm). All you need to do is connect your headphones and plug it into the Type-C port of any device of your choice. This Amp supports Android, iOS, MAC and Windows straight out of the box.
The paw s1 is built to last.It sounds perfect with the added eq settings u can customize the sound for the iems connected.
Great little dac/amp from Lotoo. I was astonished to hear it's capability using Tidal with UAPP. It is as if I was hearing music from Accuphase amp with Proac speaker from such a little device. So much detail retrieval that I hardly hear vinyl. A must buy for an Audiophile. Great discovery from LOTOO brand.
This is amazing dac amp at this price! Not sure if its this dac or is it AKM dac chip that results in an amazing .. not sound .. but music!
Build quality is excellent.
It has 4.4 mm balanced out also!
It has inbuilt amp with gain setting. It drives my Sundara in balanced mode on high gain setting easily. I keep vol at 85-90/100.
It also has preset EQ settings (jazz, techno, dance, classic, game, movie etc) to change them as per your liking. I keep it at Radio for fuller sound both for vocals and games.
A good source e.g Spotify-> Lotu Paw S1 -> a good earphone or headphone, preferably in balanced mode -> Amazing music!!
- 5 out of 5 for theaudiostore. I am a happy customer.
- Great price for this unit.
- Mr. Pritam supported to me the fullest extent. 5 out of 5 again.
- Works with any source out of the box [But iPhone needs addtional cable costing 3k]. I wish theaudiostore makes this clear upfront.
- Two gain modes (Low and High) to drive various outputs.
- Two outputs (unbalanced and balanced Pentaconn). Satisfies every music nerd out there.
- Extremely helpful display for EQ/ATE mode, volume, gain and source resolution.
- Does not need external battery or power source (Thanks Mr. Obvious).
- Heavenly music quality and zero noise (critical for sensitive IEMs). You dont even need a Hi-Res source. Regular source will do. I use PC and iPhone as source, and Sony XM3 and Blon BL-03 IEM as outputs.
- Lotoo's legenday ATE mode available on this DAC.
Now for some (minor) cons:
- No Bluetooth.
- No music playback controls on the DAC unit.
- No companion app to fine tune EQ and other things.
- The bit rate or sample rate display is inconsistent with source. It shows 32/48 for 256 AAC from PC. Sample rate is always accurate though.
- iPhone->CCK->USBA-USBC->USBC-USBC would be your dongle hell for iPhone.
- No volume controls from iPhone when DAC is connected.
Must buy for any music enthusiast. Just go for this for the display alone. Never buy a dongle which has color indicators for source quality.
Good usb c dac amp.
Firmware update available on Lotoo website. Updated from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168. (It accepted the file transfer only after updating first to 22.214.171.124). Strangely after the update the MQA titles on Tidal downsampled to 44.1 (OFS 4x) from the preupdate 88.2kHz ! Also the L/R reversal noted in the 4.4mm balanced output was not corrected after the update.
Titles tested - (all Tidal versions in Hi-Res) -
1. Speed Demon by Michael Jackson - The stereo reversal is noted well here - the bike moves from right to left on the 3.5 and from left to right in 4.4 (seriously ?... actually shouldn't matter but can be disconcerting when hearing favorites).
2. The Man Machine by Kraftwerk (they are the forgotten Fathers of Electronica/Techno) - the MQA version on Tidal showed a lowered sampling rate (44.1 KHz) after the update.
3. The Wall by Pink Floyd (the magician was the sound engineer Alan Parsons) - ABITW 1,2 and the Happiest Days of my Life in between them - shows off the value of 'gapless playback' (which appeared after the update).
4. Tum Hi Ho - Mithoon/Arijit Singh - Sound stage and transparency evident in this song.
Gear used -
1. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - on the 3.5mm SE - decent amplification that drove these 250 ohm cans. On high gain - could enjoy them at 80/100 volume. On the Lightning-3.5mm cable from Apple I had to drive the volume up to 100 to get a decent sound.
2. iPhone 12 Pro Max - Lotoo showed up to be better than the proprietary Apple Lightning-3.5mm cable (which also is a DAC without amplification).
3. Fiio FH5s (open-back) - Lotoo made these shine to their potential - real open and wide soundstage - more than the closed-back 770. Comfortable volume - 45/100 on High gain and 60/100 on Low gain - through balanced 4.4mm with IEMs.
The USB C-Lightning OTG cable was worth the extra cost for (finally) turning an iPhone into a music player. (I cribbed about it initially about tight fit of the USB C male end but realized it actually clicked into place securely). I think this cable should have been included in the cost of the device like Earmen Sparrow and Beats 2.
Decent Amp / Beware - it is a transparent DAC - so GI/GO
Overall - 7.8/10
Excellent ordering and delivery experience from Audio Store. Got it within 24h of ordering - keep it up Folks !
Trusted By Over 15K+ Music Enthusiast
Friends, this is the best dac out there for the price and rightly said, it leaves no competition behind. Go for it without any second thought and this is no boasting but Pritam Ji is a good man and he will guide you in case you seek any advice.
I have been using the normal earbud style earphones earphones from ambrane, portronics etc which are priced at below 400Rs and decided to upgrade to the VE monk plus, the difference in sound clarity is easily differentiable. there is clear separation in the base, vocals etc. I guess once you use better earphones, you understand the difference in audio quality. I purchased the without mic version as i needed an earphone that works with My nokia express music 5310 as modern earphones with mic are not supported.
The HiBy R6 Pro II is an absolute triumph in terms of build and sound quality, but it wins at the cost of battery life (5.5-7.5 hours). If you're able to accommodate this design choice, I believe you'd be hard-pressed to find a better DAP for under $1000.
The R6 Pro II is built like a tank and looks stunning in purple. Album artwork pops on the crisp 2K display, and I've yet to encounter bugs with the rock-solid implementation of Android 12. Although it runs warm during operation (especially Class A mode), it's not been an issue thus far.
The AKM chipset offers musicality against a pitch-black background without compromising on neutrality. Its MSEB feature provides ample customization options and enables listeners to tweak the sound as per their preferences. The soundstage width is already excellent, and I hope the depth improves after burn-in to lend more of a holographic experience.
Works as intended!
It is amazing. The sound quality and the look both.
Sony does not disappoint with the NW-A306. I like the customization possibilities and the android interface.
The shell is big bit somehow very comfortable fo extended use. The sound signature is about what I expected soo no complaints there. The only thing is I'm not a big fan of l connectors but that's a minor gripe.
This is my first IEM and my mind is blown by the audio quality of it and also the premium feel and built quality of the IEM which is made by Zr ceramic. It not only looks and feels good but also the clarity, passive noise cancellation, and comfort are good. Definitely a 10/10 and would suggest the people to buy it. The gift packaging it came into was also very thoughtful from the side of 'The audio store' people and was impressed by it.
Great experience with this earphone, thanks the audio store. Thank you for your quick response to a small problem.
Excellent layering delivered with kinetic bass on a wide sound stage. 👌.
This is strictly for metal and rock heads...the force and speed of attack is phenomenal on these...this is coming from a guy who has S12 , EA 500 & Sundara which are well known for speed and resolution themselves... suprisingly the treble is not harsh at all and sibilance is completely absent (major pain point of S12)..never expected such a sound signature from a non planar set but that's the magic of this hobby ..you get sleeper hits like SR 5 from time to time 😀...Soundstage and separation is adequate..not out of head...you will not get time to focus on all that anyway as the cohesive and authoritative sound will take your breath away before that 😜
Thanks Pritam Ji for bringing this to India and listening patiently to your customer's requirement and suggesting suitably.
Note : the photos in the website are of the old packaging...it has improved much now and Sound Rhyme provides a metal and a leather case along with foam tips now..check the pics of the package i received. I swapped out the stock 3.5 cable with a balanced fiio 4.4 one ..but the stock cable seems to be of high quality as well.
A good connector for 2.5mm to 4.4 mm jack . I prefered it due to expensive cable I have purchased for 2.5 mm connection which is useless in 4.4 output now I can use it once again.
The Krila is an excellent IEM. The sound has a mild v-shaped tuning which renders a solid punch to the bass and sparkle to the highs. The bass is tight and goes very deep but is not overwhelming. I find it to have a slight mid bass bleed but not to the extent of drowning the mids. Vocals sound quite lively but is slightly recessed owing to its v-shaped tuning. To my ears, the treble is sparkly with lovely instrument separation. It also gives a good sense of air and space. The soundstage may not be as wide or deep as other more expensive iems but is very much acceptable and even better than some others at this price point. The lower treble has a slight peak which may sound a bit piercing at high volumes, but is otherwise very detailed. The result is a fairly balanced signature with a slight emphasis at the frequency extremes and sounds very lively and enjoyable. Add to this the stellar build quality with beautifully crafted metal shells and I feel we really have a winner here for less than 2k. I am now tempted to collect almost all the other KZs :) The memory foam ear tips included in the package are excellent too. A better quality cable with chin clip and a carrying pouch would have been great.
This was suggested to me for my preference, i was very sceptical to see how it would actually be, the moment i put it on it was very special and a bliss, extremely comfortable, extremely non fatiguing, you can wear it for 8-10 hours straight and forget you are wearing it,
also has bass for bassy songs, clear mids and vocals, amazing treble, i dont think there can be a better IEM as this has no downsides!
Strangely, it works for music play but does not work for call audio. Not satisfied with the product.